Thursday 3 April 2014

The Last (And First) Report

It is currently 10:01 pm and I just handed in my last piece of coursework ever. As far as my undergraduate life is concerned, anyways.

A friend asked me if it had felt good, but in all honesty? Right now at this very moment, I'm feeling tired more than anything else. The moment I hit "Submit" I felt everything from relief, paranoia, dread and fear. I suppose excitement will wash over me once I have caught up on some much needed sleep. 

I don't have much to say for my first blog post here as today was spent typing up the remainders of my report. I attempted to re-organise my laptop today and finally, after 3 1/2 years of using one of Apple's standard wallpapers, I thought I'd switch it up today. Say Hello to Sailor Moon, my favourite series growing up.

My macbook has been showing signs of its age lately; today, randomly, it decided to tell me that I had zero bytes left on my hard drive when really, there should have been more than 60 GB available. I was advised by my housemate then that I should just try re-starting it, and ta-da, he was right. After the re-start everything seemed to be back to normal again... 

Sam (my housemate and best friend) and I also decided it was time we upp'ed our vegetable intake (what with it being now '7 A Day'... apparently) and we made our standard vegetable bake. Really, it was more Sam cooking but I do know how to make it too. Sometimes I'm just lazy and Sam spoils me.


2 whole peppers, 2 aubergines, 2 courgettes (maybe 2 1/2 actually) and a jar of delicious Loyd Grossman's Chili tomato pasta sauce. Ah and some mozzarella, of course. It was absolutely delicious!

If we weren't so cheap we probably would have bought some garlic bread as well because it would have accompanied this dish so well but alas.. Vegetables are expensive enough as they are. We were just lucky aubergines actually had been on offer today, and we discovered 3 courgettes in the reduced section. Not too bad, not too bad. I still want to try and make my own tomato pasta sauce at some point; but after my last attempt, I decided it just wasn't worth it. Loyd Grossman just makes it to easy. And they're only a quid when on offer, what more do I really want..? We used the chili one today, but all of them are really nice. My favourite would probably be the tomato & bacon one. 

I'm really enjoying using this platform to blog, I just decided. Google makes it so easy, typing almost feels comfortable. Which probably results in me rambling on for way too long, but isn't that what blogs are for anyways? Or maybe I got that wrong, it's been too long. Either way! Hereby I declare this my first (more or less) successful post. Let's see if I can keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment