Saturday 5 April 2014

Peachy Nails and a Lovely Read

I just finished reading Milly Johnson's A Spring Affair. The past few weeks at university have been so busy that even though I felt I was tired, I found it difficult to go to sleep at night. My mind just kept racing round all the reports I had to finish, kanji to study... I needed something to help me unwind at night. Which is why I turned to chick lit. 

I always find reading to be a very relaxing activity, given I am reading something nice.  I can't read thrillers or horror; that would just have the opposite effect and not let me sleep for ages. But a nice, easy to read romance novel is, so I have discovered, perfect at night before going to sleep.

First I read I Heart New York by Lindsey Kelk which I also thoroughly enjoyed. I didn't want to jump right to the second book of the I Heart series though so I decided to shop around a little (which I love doing. I could spend hours in Waterstone's, on Amazon or even just Goodreads to find new reads) and eventually I came across Milly Johnson. I was happy to discover that it was another british chick lit novel- there's something that hits home a little about books set in the UK- and I was not disappointed.

Lou, the main character, was just lovely. I felt really drawn to her for some reason. Even though there was little I could relate to in the novel- after all I am not a wife in my mid 30s with a twat as a husband!- but I enjoyed reading Lou's story. The story had a really good pace too and as it happens, I found myself picking up the book even during the day as opposed to only at night before going to bed. Would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice, easy romance read. I still feel all fuzzy after those last few chapters.


Inspired by Lou, I also tidied my entire room today and even hoovered our living room and hall. Suffice to say it had been time. Then I sat down and re-painted my nails, which I find oddly relaxing. I used Tanya Burr's Peaches and Cream, which I am absolutely in love with. I know everyone's been raving about her products, but they are of quite good quality. I probably prefer her lip glosses, but the colour of Peaches and Cream is just lovely. It's such a nice spring colour and just makes me happy looking at it.

The colour usually also doesn't chip for the first couple of days which is pretty good. Essie still wins when it comes to longevity I suppose (usually a full week until I get the first chip!) but Tanya's last me at least 3-4 days too. I'm happy with that!

I suppose that is all I did today, we had Indian curry for dinner because we realised too late that we were meant to be having Japanese curry with friends tomorrow. Oh well! Curry is good any day of the week. I'm also skyping with two friends of mine tomorrow, both whom I haven't seen in almost a year now. It'll be good catching up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment