Tuesday 15 April 2014

Drama Review (Series): 私が恋愛できない理由

I finished watching another Japanese drama series last night and liked it so much I had to make a post about it. It's called watashi ga renai dekinai riyuu, originally aired in 2011 and consists of 10 ~50 minute long episodes. 


Starring: Karina, Yoshitaka Yuriko, Oshima Yuko, Inamori Izumi

I watch all of my Japanese drama series in Japanese with Japanese subtitles (in the hope I can call it studying/revision then) and I can happily declare that with this one, I understood 90-95% of the dialogue. Yay! The drama focuses on 4 different women in their early twenties to their late thirties who all have their own love-related problem. (As if you couldn't have guessed that from the title!)

The reason I enjoyed this so much was because I thought it was very well-acted (especially the character of Saki; I went to find out what else Yoshitaka Yuriko was in and might watch some more of her series now. Apparently she's also in the new NHK drama 花子とアン.

But back to this drama, it's very slice of life-ish (3 of the girls end up moving in together which ensues it some pretty funny and heart-warming scenes, making me want to 同棲 (dousei, flat-share) too) but obviously with a heavy focus on love and everything related to it. I would recommend the drama to people who don't like overly cheesy romantic dramas but rather enjoy slice of life series. I'm not sure what genre it would fall under to be honest. I wouldn't call it a romantic comedy. Maybe just a drama? Either way, it was really good so make sure you check it out! If you've already seen it, let me know what you thought of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment