Sunday 14 September 2014

The Cat Edit

People who follow me on Instagram know that I tend to take photos of Merlin a lot when I'm home. I only see him once or twice a year really, but then the space on my phone tends to fill up with photos and videos rather quickly. I've tried not to upload too many of my favourites this summer and instead make a little blog post about him.

I'll start by saying that I'm most definitely a cat person.

I love dogs too- we have a Golden Retriever called Nicky as well- but cats are simply much easier to take care of, I like that they have their 'own lives' and are quite independent, but still get attached to you nonetheless. One of the things I like about Merlin so much is the fact that, no matter the amount of time he doesn't see me, when I get back home he'll instantly recognise me and follow me around all day. I find the presence of a pet really relaxing and comforting in a way. When I had my wisdoom tooth out the other day, I spent the majority of my day watching films and it was so nice to have this little fur ball purring next to you. Merlin really is the best company you could wish for when you're in bed on a rainy day with your laptop and a cup of tea.




Merlin is really special to me for so many reasons. We picked him up during a time of my life which wasn't easy for me, but I fully believe that having a pet around is a very healing experience. It might sound strange but I'm sure pet owners will understand. Even though it is my brother who takes care of all of ours pets mostly (and I am very grateful for that, not just because I have moved out 4+ years ago now), taking care of an animal can be a very rewarding experience.

Another thing I love about Merlin is how 'vocal' he is. He'll greet you when you walk in the door, follow you around meowing if he wants something (food/attention mostly!) but it's happened to me on several occasions now that especially when I wasn't feeling well, Merlin would hop onto my bed and start meowing at me as if asking, "What's wrong?". There's been so many incidents in which he made me feel better by just 'being there' and giving me the attention I needed.

I'm going to end this post with two more shots I took this week which I thought were really funny/cute. Let me know if any of you pet owners feel similarly about your favourites, and hopefully I didn't come across as too crazy!


No comments:

Post a Comment