Monday 8 September 2014

A Day Out In Graz




It's been so nice and sunny out you could think we're still in the middle of summer. I've had to spend a couple of days in bed last week because I had one of my wisdom teeth out (no need to be scared btw, the actual procedure was far, far from painful!) so I was really craving some fresh air yesterday and today. I went for a stroll around town with my mum both yesterday and today, but sadly yesterday I forgot to take my camera. Today I borrowed my mum's when we were out and about and the above are just a few of the shots I took.

I honestly like my hometown, Graz, a lot. It's got a bit of a Mediterranean flair and there's SO many unique cafes and restaurants to check out. One of my favourites is called Las Tapas; it's a Spanish place, and I've been going there for years. What I usually get is their patatas bravas with garlic dip and some grilled chicken skewers. I am also convinced that Austria does the best ice cream I've personally ever had- maybe because we're so close to Italy- but either way, Charlie Temmel is my favourite place to get a scoop or two. Though their scoops are so generous (and incredibly cheap with 90p per serving), you usually don't need more than one. 

It was kind of fun walking around with a camera and taking shots of all the places I've been to loads of times and pretty much know inside and out. Not having lived here for over 4 years now, I've really come to appreciate Graz. Lately I've counted myself quite lucky to have grown up in this beautiful town, and I'd happily recommend it to anyone visiting Austria!



For pictures from yesterday, feel free to check out my Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment