Saturday 17 January 2015

A Quick Update on a Lazy Saturday


Today has been so nice and chilled and laidback and all those good things that I thought I would post an entry on this blog. Usually I go out during the weekend but today I thought I'd take it slow, not really do much and stay in my PJs for as long as possible.

Last week has been really stressful at work so I really needed a good amount of doing nothing in particular. I love Tokyo to bits, it is without doubt my favourite place I have lived in thus far, but sometimes the crowds of people everywhere can be a bit draining. I visited Meiji Shrine on January 3rd this year, 2 hours before the last admission and we barely made it in.. I still had a good time, but damn there were so many people!



I also went to a newly opened pancake restaurant (Japan is obsessed with pancakes!) about a week ago and we queued for over an hour to get into the place. Crazy! It was worth it as the food was really good, but still. I recommend checking out the backstreets of Omotesando/Ginza area if you are looking for a quick bite to eat around lunch time.

I had the mixed fruit pancakes and my friend the strawberry yoghurt version. The cafe was called Cafe Moena, btw.




Today I also went to check out one of the gyms near me and I was amazed at how new the equipment was. All the treadmills had TVs attached to them with headphones and the exercise bikes had cute little pointers as to how many calories you've already burnt (see below, it took me far too long to burn off that piece of candy; next was a latte, followed by a banana. Then I got off the bike!).

For the rest of the evening I don't have much planned except for playing some Pokemon or watching some movies. I rented Bridget Jones and Her earlier, both feel good movies for me. Her always reminds me of when I visited Shanghai 2 years ago. I hope I will be able to travel a bit during 2015 as well, but no doubt my first paid vacation will be used to go see my family at home. 

What has everyone else been up to and how are your NY's resolutions going? 

No comments:

Post a Comment